General Terms and Conditions
1. Bars N Events Ltd will provide hire items as per invoice for the person named on the booking form & signed (hereafter referred to as the “Hirer”).
2. The booking is subject to the following conditions, and the Hirer should NOT confirm the booking unless the conditions are fully understood and accepted.
3. Settlement of the balance must be made in accordance to the payment terms outlined in the booking contract.
4. We will hold your date for 5 days to allow you to sign and return this document. If the booking contract is not received in that time, the provisional booking will be cancelled.
5. In the event of any cancellation, any booking fee or deposit that has been paid will be forfeited. Cancellation charges will be made as follows:
* Less than 30 days prior to activity 100 % payable, inc logistics costs (if this applies)
* Notice given over than 31 days prior to activity 50% payable
6. The Hirer is responsible for the hired equipment from the time that it is delivered until it is collected by our staff. This includes damage by Fire, Lightning, Aircraft, Explosion, Riot, Civil Commotion, Malicious Damage, Earthquake, Storm, Tempest, Flood, Bursting and overflowing of water tanks pipes and apparatus, Falling Trees, Impact, Escape of Fuel from any fixed oil heating installation, Accidental Damage and Theft for the value of our equipment as identified in our booking confirmation documentation.
7. Parking must be available at all times while we are on site, if for any reason this is not the case the Hirer is liable to pay for any additional parking charges incurred by our staff.
8. Adequate power supplies must be provided by the venue for the equipment hired
9. Excessive soiling of any or our products will result in the Hirer being invoiced for the cost of professional cleaning or replacing as required.
10. Bars N Events Ltd will not be held liable for any damage caused to buildings or property.
11. Bars N Events Ltd uses an external debt collection agency to collect overdue payments. We make all reasonable attempts to resolve payment issues in-house, and will provide written warning (either by email or post) before any debt is passed on. In signing this contract, the Hirer is agreeing to pay all invoices and charges on time. Failure to make final payment as required for a hire or event will result in dispatch of equipment or services being refused and cancellation of the order with no refund. In this instance the final balance shall still be due.
Free Delivery Terms.
Delivery of hire items is free between the hours of 07.00am – 12.00pm, outside of these hours a delivery fee will apply of £35.00.
Mobile DJ Terms and Conditions in addition to ‘general’
1. The Hirer must arrange access to the premises at least one hour before the commencement of the function, or earlier if deemed beforehand. (Otherwise the DJ may not be ready to start on time).
2. Any delayed set up time and subsequent delayed start time due to the overrun of any prior proceeding or of situations outside of our control will not warrant any extension of the stated finish time or any fee reduction. However at the sole discretion of the DJ and with the permission of the venue management an extension of these performing times may be made. The DJ will charge an additional fee per hour. This additional fee must be paid in cash to the DJ before any extra time commences.
Starlit Dance Floor Terms and Conditions in addition to ‘general’
1. I (the Hirer) am aware that the surface, which the floor is to be laid, needs to be both flat and dry. An uneven floor may result in the LED’s not working, as the panels cannot connect properly. Our staff will not lay the dance floor on a wet surface, as this will damage the panels.
2. Bars N Events Ltd will not be held responsible if we cannot lay the dance floor due to the surface being wet or uneven.
3. Liquid spillages on the dance floor can occasionally result in component failure; the Hirer is liable for any damage caused.
4. The venue needs to have suitable access ideally NO stairs, steps so that we can wheel the dance floor (in its trolley which is 137cm x 67cm) into your venue. Where the function room is upstairs a goods lift will normally be required.
Dry Hire Terms & Conditions in addition to ‘general’
1. Where setup is not carried out by Bars N Events Ltd, I understand that a risk assessment must be carried out by me at the location I intend to use the hired equipment to identify and address any risks which may be present or likely to become present.
2. Bars N Events Ltd will not be held responsible for any damage, loss or injuries incurred due to misuse of the hired equipment or incorrect operation / installation of such.
3. As the hirer I accept that I am responsible for the hired equipment from the time that it is Delivered by Bars N Events LTD and signed for by myself or my representative until such time as it is returned to Bars N Events LTD Further I agree that I must insure the equipment’s on an “All Risks” basis including Accidental loss destruction or damage by Fire, Lightning, Aircraft, Explosion, Riot, Civil Commotion, Malicious Damage, Earthquake, Storm, Tempest, Flood, Bursting and overflowing of water tanks pipes and apparatus, Falling Trees, Impact, Escape of Fuel from any fixed oil heating installation, Accidental Damage and Theft for the value of our equipment as identified in our booking confirmation documentation. I acknowledge that I am liable to reimburse Bars N Events LTD for the full costs of the items hired irrespective of whether or not my insurance claim is settled by my insurers. In the event that the equipment is damaged and is capable of being economically repaired then my liability will be capped at the cost of the repairs provided that they are repaired to the satisfaction of Bars N Events LTD
4. Deposits are refunded only when the goods have been completely checked and are accounted for. For smaller hires the Hirer is usually able to wait for check-in to be completed. For larger hires, or instances where we are unable to check the goods immediately, the hire will be placed into a bay and checked at the earliest opportunity. We will then contact the Hirer to inform them all is well, and refund deposit where applicable.
Upon paying your deposit invoice you agree to our terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please email or call our office.